This is a friendship group for more senior people and was originally formed for refugees from Saga Zone but All more Mature People are most Welcome to Join Us

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to the New Snug

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 14 Jul 2013, 6:12 am

[img][/img]

Another scorcher................... but at the moment enjoying the cool of the morning.

.................Watering three times a day now where those plants are in direct south facing sun,they get so easily parched ......

Managed some time out after all..............and hopefully yet more this day.................hopefully you are now enjoying but not burned to a crisp June........because of my skin issues I am wearing high value sun protection .............though only sitting in the shade,am taking no chances..........

ENJOY!!!

Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 14 Jul 2013, 7:56 am

Good morning all! sunny 

Back to top Go down
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 14 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm

It seems you have all absconded to the beach and I cannot blame you at all!!

Another scorcher though slightly less stifling than yesterday......................hope the fairies have done your watering for you June!!

Have a lovely evening.....

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 14 Jul 2013, 7:24 pm

Evening Joan and all,
Another blazing hot day here, and I have spent the day either, sitting in shade reading, or running around with the hose like an demented ferret.
I have given up now, although the front beds are dry as a bone. Really shocked that the wall pots were bone dry as I gave them a good soaking last night.

It has started to cloud over now, but feels  very humid. I am surprised the modem is still operating as just been upstairs and it must be over 200F. Modem too hot to touch.....expect it to pack up any time now.

I hope you have all been keeping cool, and have a nice evening. Nothing I suppose on the TV as usual?

Last edited by June G on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 14 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

June. I'm watching country file and then Law and Order. another hot day here, Bernard just watering garden. Bit cooler now so hopefully sleep better.......
Back to top Go down
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 15 Jul 2013, 6:26 am

Another new week and yes the sunshine is still blessing us..............how those weeks are slipping by and already we are into the peak holiday season............

June I think more shade and an ever ending supply of tea will be on your wish list..........................your wish is my command...........but my wishes do not always carry weight!!

Have a lovely day and week...

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

Evening girls,

What horrendous heat, both in and out of house. Turned off modem this morning before it exploded, almost read hot. Just plugged it back in but modem was still very hot. ...surprised it worked.

I managed to obtain another supply of library books, so stocked up for a while. Popped into Waitrose and surprised how empty is was, stood ages by the freezers trying to cool down.

Hope you are all keeping cool.....back to move hose pipe, even the pressure is low.

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 15 Jul 2013, 7:44 pm

Hello, June know what you mean, felt like stopping in supermarket all day the day when it was so hot....
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:01 pm

Evening girls, where are you all today? No Joan, now that is unusual....hope you are not in the sick bay Joan.
Very hot again today, and nearly melted in the office. Came home, and melted in the garden, sitting in the shade. Garden is taking all my time with watering....morning and evening.

Lillian, how is your dear father settling in his new home? Hope all is well, with you both.

Back to the watering. Oh, modem is still red hot, and is unplugged during day....just switched it on again.

Have a nice evening....
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:11 pm

Hello all. June, dad does seem to be settling in a bit better, bit disorientated but that's only normal I suppose. Going to bring him to our house for his tea one day soon. When my brother comes next week from S.Africa we will go out for a meal as well... Thanks for asking. Why does your modem get hot, mine doesn't, at least I don't think it does...
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:33 pm

Lillian, so pleased to hear your father is more settled......it will take time for both of you. I hope your tea party goes well.

Modem, is located in the highest part of house, up in the dormer bedroom which I use as office. Room is boiling in summer and freezing in winter, like all rooms in the eaves of a house. Temperature must be over 200F and I can't leave window open, as it would be easy for someone to climb on wrought iron gates in drive and step onto roof and walk up to bedroom windows. A complete pain. I have tried to position it downstairs but it doesn't pick up wireless signal for laptop downstairs. It is also connected to desktop computers by Ethernet cable, which are upstairs on desk. I do have new spare modems, just can't be faffed to connect them, and they would overheat as well.

Back to watering...have a relaxing evening.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 16 Jul 2013, 8:55 pm

June. ah well, modern technology. can't win. Heat does tend to rise, always hotter up our stairs than down...x
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 17 Jul 2013, 7:34 pm

Evening all, see I am talking to myself again...not to worry, only me to bore.

Back from melting in office, and in middle of watering front garden, when I heard thunder. Bolted inside, as terrified of lightening. Will unplug phone line and computers when finished this post. Better safe than sorry.

Still no sign of Joan, do hope she is ok. (((hug))) for you Joan.

Lillian, hope all is well in your part of the country.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 17 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

Hi June, all well here thanks, dad seems ok tonight. Just had a visit from my friend and we had a good natter and she brought me some flowers. Lovely gladioli....
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:00 am

Good morning Lillian, and all who follow!

Very hot here again, and watering commenced already. Off to the office soon, so thought I would log in before modem goes into meltdown.

Rather concerned that Joan is still missing.....do hope she is ok. Has anyone heard any news?

Seems just you and I Lillian, no sign of Koko this morning. Now that is odd, miss her quirky photos.

I wish you a nice cool day in the shade.

Tootle pip.....Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 12:44 pm

Good afternoon all! sunny 

Sorry June meant to tell you I will only be posting a morning pic in Chill Room for a while. But I will pop in now and then for a chat.
No-one has heard from Joan which is rather worrying. Maybe it is because she was kept in hospital and hopefully she will be back with us soon.
Still too hot here and................. the 'T' word was mentioned in the weather forecast affraid Sad  Did you have a storm last night?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Good afternoon everyone.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

Evening Koko and Helen,
Oh Koko, sorry to  hear we are not going to have a cheery piccy at the moment. Hope all is well with you and Holly.

Back from another melting day at work, and then dashed to have hair chopped. Gosh it grows so quickly and felt as though I was wearing a wig, it's so heavy. Now a little shorter, so may be cooler....hmmm.

How are you coping with the heat Helen? Are you living in the fridge or freezer....now there is a thought.Wink 

Back to the damn watering......this is getting beyond a joke....exhausted.  No we didn't have a storm last night, absolutely zilch, just two claps of thunder and that was that......oh for a little rain for garden.

Any news of Joan, this is worrying?

Last edited by June G on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 9:04 pm

Hello all, bit cooler now thank goodness. watching the programme about the Hebrides, it's was good last week.
Joan is probably exhausted and resting or been kept in for a while. Sure she will be in touch when she can.
Koko, shame about the cheery pics.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 18 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

No June I am not coping well at all with the heat despite having the curtains closed all day and 5 fans going 24/7.

Earlier I took a bag of carrots out of the freezer and wrapped in a tea towel around my neck,veg costs pennies and the freezer has to be emptied anyway.
Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:38 am

Good morning all! sunny 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

Good afternoon all.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 5:27 pm

Evening friends,

Oh Koko, how lovely of you to post the beach scene today.....really pretty. Reminds me of the 20s/30s eras. How is Holly copying with the heat, or is she paddling in the sea....and you I hope.Very Happy 

Helen, I have just the thing you need to cool you down. I bought a gel pack from chemist for my swollen foot. It is brilliant as cools very quickly and I use it on foot each evening. As it is flexible, you could place it around neck or any part of body. Best to have two, one freezing in freezer whilst using the other.

Lillian, hope all is well with you, and you are keeping cool. I am on watering duties.....again, so I wish you all a cool evening.

Any news of Joan, I will have a peep in the cyber garden.

Back to top Go down
Bollie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

Good Evening All,      Yes its me once again  that old bad penny that keeps turning up, Have you missed me?

Can only apologize for the long absense but time seems to fly by and before you know it another month has
gone by.

I hope that you all have been keeping well, and are not finding this hot weather to much to deal with.

Did find myself another lady friend  to chat with and we did meet up twice but she got her marching orders
as I do not play second fiddle to anyone, as she admitted that she was going to meet another Gent, When I told
her I was going to meet up with friends I had made on the old saga site,it was something we do once a month, her
loss.

Am still looking for that holiday, got plenty of brochures but as yet have not seen anything that has caught my
eye.

Well think thats about all for now time to sort out what to have for dinner.

Byeeeeeeeee for now
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:13 pm

How lovely to see you back with us Bollie, and yes we did miss you. Sorry to hear your lady friend didn't work out, don't worry, one of these days you will find the right one...takes time. I should know, been waiting for decades....only the opposite gender....Laughing  You never know, you may find a nice lady on holiday, when you decide, where to go.    What are you having for dinner?

Off to carry on watering......sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New Snug
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Welcome to the New Snug-
Jump to: