This is a friendship group for more senior people and was originally formed for refugees from Saga Zone but All more Mature People are most Welcome to Join Us

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to the New Snug

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Bollie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 6:31 pm

Hello June,

Have decided to have something simple Pork sausages with new potatoes and fried red onions, Dessert will be easy as
I made a Bread Pudding this afternoon, so after I have taken my needs the family can have whats left.

How is the old yellow lady coming on is she airbourne yet ?
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 7:21 pm

Hi Bollie, food sound delicious. I don't know what to have tonight...food wise. Cupboard is bare as usual.

Little madam, (Tigermoth) has been promised for August so we can attend the DH Moth Rally at Woburn Abbey. I won't hold my breath as the engineer, has been promising her back in the air, for the past three years.......we shall see!! I must admit I am a bit wary of flying after a three year gap.....may drive up by car instead....oh the shame.pale 

Are you still breeding budgies?

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Hello there......I AM TOO HOT.......
Hello Bollie, sorry about your lady friend, as you say, her loss....other fish in the sea etc. etc.....
June I am anything but cool, and the people at the care home are struggling a bit.
Koko...lovely picture.

Hope Jeff and Joan are ok....
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:38 pm

Oh dear Lillian, sorry to hear you are over heating.....same as my modem......and my garden....and me.....Shocked 

Actually it is quite fresh at the moment, with the cooling breeze blowing through the bedrooms upstairs. Must remember to close windows, as don't want unexpected visitors in middle of night......four legged or two!!!

Any news of Jeff? Heard Joan was back at home according to the cyber garden thread.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 8:44 pm

Hi June, yes it is quite pleasant now outside. Glad that Joan is home but not up to much I don't think yet. I'm the same with open windows at night, hate flying things in the house....Garden all watered.....
Back to top Go down
Bollie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 19 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

Did not realise it has been three years since little lady was grounded Im sure flying must be like learning to ride a bike
once you know how its just having the confidence to take control again.

Yes I still have the budgies but have cut down on the numbers at the moment I have 19 will go back up to 24 and stop
there, but I have given up showing them as it was such a palaver getting them ready, so just breed to sell now.

Dinner was very nice but the dessert (bread pudding) was even better Even if I say it myself.

Right off to water the greenhouse unindated with cucumbers have only got 3 plants but so far have picked 14 cues, should
start picking Tomatos by Monday.

Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 5:20 am

Good morning all!sunny 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 9:34 am

Good morning all,no change here.

Thank you June about the gel packs,I use a deep freeze cold spray and have also started to keep a bath towel in the freezer.All helps.

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

hello, lovely pics. Koko....Cloudy here and cooler...Not much to report.....
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 6:14 pm

Evening girls,

Lovely beach huts Koko, just the right size for me to live in....no watering...bliss.Smile 

A much cooler day here this morning, cloudy and no sun, until this afternoon. Now back to the heat and in the middle of watering again.

Helen, glad you are managing to keep cool. What is a deep freeze cold spray?

Hi Bollie, gosh that is a lot of cucumbers....how do you manage to eat all those....presume you give them to family and friends? The chap next door used to give me some, but some were a little bitter. How do you avoid that....more water?

Back to the hose....nothing to report this end. Have a nice evening all. Hope Joan is recovering.
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 6:39 pm

= Bitter Cucumber

All Cucumbers we eat are Female, if the female cucumber flower gets polinated from a male flower the result is bitter cucumbers, the old method was to pick off all the male flowers before they open, the male flowers are the ones with no baby fruit beind the flower bud, these days it is possible to grow all female varieties with is ok as long as a bee does not come along after visiting someone elses cucumbers that still have male flowers.....off out to a friend for a BBQ, have a nice evening

Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 6:42 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

Oh thanks Sandra, I didn't know that about cucumbers. Did scratch head after reading message....thought why are you posting cucumbers......are you selling them on ebay..Very Happy Wink 

Enjoy your BBQ.....can I come as well....could do with a nice evening out, and food.Cool 

Hi Angel, how are you coping with the heat. Cooler here today......bliss.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Hello, cooler today here also. Dad had a good visit from two of his grand-daughter this afternoon, the eldest lives on the the Cayman Islands, lucky here, she brought the children and we all sat in the garden, dad loved it.
My grandson has grown cucumbers in his green house and was thrilled when he picked his first one the other day...
Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 20 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

Much cooler here today, only reached 24.....so nice in the garden.

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:05 am

Good Morning Folks, we are back to the grey overcast today here in West London with rain and thunder forcast for the coming week, I thought you might like to see a few of the new products Im selling on Ebay to brighten your day Very Happy 

These are hanging wall plaques in case you are wondering, have a good sunday Everyone
Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:20 am

Good morning all! sunny 
Love the 'Beware of the dog...' one Sandra Laughing 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:41 am

Good morning all.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:59 am

Morning all, cloudy and cool here, and feels quite chilly. Goodness we are never contented are we!
Love the wall plaques Sandra....especially the cat and dog one. Have you any just with cats on?

Hi Koko, see you are on form again today...where do you find the cute cartoons?

I am feeling pleased with myself today...that's a first in a long time. Mobile contract ran out yesterday and I didn't notice. Rang O2 in a panic, as I only have a simple old Nokia 6300 phone and do not want all the singing and dancing mobiles. Just wish to dial numbers in an emergency. The operator was fantastic and found me an even cheaper contact for £7.50 per month including VAT. That includes 300 free minutes per month.....and 500 O2 to O2, same as before. Better still when it expires after 12 months, I revert to a rolling contract which will stay at same price. I have been with O2 for over 20 years, when it was Cellnet, on the same price......or a whole year credit if I didn't upgrade phone, which I didn't.

Now off to water garden.....hope you all have a nice day.

Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:23 pm

Here you go June, a link to all the Smiley Signs I have in stock right now, more due in end of next week from my supplier down in Joan's country Very Happy  with quite a lot of animal themes and some other items with saucy seaside postcard themes on as below

Sandra's Bazaar - Smiley Signs

sitting here typing on desktop and updating new laptop at same time, need four arms flower

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

Hi Sandra, thanks for the link, I did scroll back and found your previous link, now added to my favourites bar.

I loved the 'My other car is a broom' with a picture of a witch on broomstick....very apt for me. Will order one of those.Very Happy 

Did you say you had a new laptop......how super. Is it Windows 7 or 8. I have to buy one for work, but need Win 7, as current software will not work on the 8 version.
Back to top Go down
tasha11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

Love the mug Sandra, will you be selling those????        I collect  old postcards like that.  Some now are very 'politically incorrect'  and yet quite innocent really.     Couple of years ago I was going to buy a plaque which said the one about the  wife and dog being lost -  but thought it was a bit 'close to home'  Rolling Eyes   Think your ebay shop will do very well selling fun things like these.      There were some lovely seaside themed cushions in the cottage I stayed in and I tracked them down online but they only sell wholesale Sad 

I bought a sign  saying

Wife and Pigeon Missing - Reward for Pigeon

June I'll need a new laptop soon,   but my aunt recently got windows 8 and said avoid it like the plague, others have said the same.

Last edited by tasha11 on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

There will be several mugs with Donald McGill postcard designs on Tasha and also  fridge magnets

Yes new Fujitsu laptop with windows 8 Im afraid, very difficult to get 7 now, I needed the backup for the shop in case desktop threw a wobbly I would be in a bit of a mess
Back to top Go down
Misty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 1:49 pm

Good Afternoon....sun trying to burn through the cloud but not quite succeeding but pleasantly cool after the hot spell. Looking lovely at Muirfield for the final of the Open Golf wonder if Lee Westwood will claim the Claret Jug later this afternoon?

I have Windows 8 and it has taken me four months to get the hang of it Crying or Very sad  An update is coming out soon W 8.1 so will see if that helps.

Sitting inside watching the Golf as a bit on the cool side in the garden but washing is drying.
Back to top Go down
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm

[img][/img]

Thank you for calling in the garden asking after me June,much appreciated.
I am having to curtail much of my postings as I cannot sit remotely comfortable at the P.C............so please call again,its your turn now!!
Still watering???

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New Snug
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Welcome to the New Snug-
Jump to: