This is a friendship group for more senior people and was originally formed for refugees from Saga Zone but All more Mature People are most Welcome to Join Us

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to the New Snug

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 1:08 pm

Lucky you Margaret..... Very Happy  this thread seems to have a mind of it's own, how weird.

How are you feeling today Margaret, has your laptop sprung any more surprises on you?

Hi Fleur-Rose, have a lovely day watching the show jumping. Hope your granddaughter does well. I used to love riding and spent many happy hours at gymkhanasome etc.

Kettle calls then back to my book.

Tea study
Back to top Go down
Sandra
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 1:57 pm

I have no idea Marg, I have never used a mobile phone on the internet, too fiddly , I use it for only what its meant for, a phone
Back to top Go down
Idanyelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 4:25 pm

Laptop is working fine today June, but getting a lot of old 2013 stuff on my phone, havent a clue why as I hadnt even used it before then.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 5:56 pm

So proud of my Granddaughter. Jumps were 75cm high and she was by far the youngest to compete and was also a speed round. All others were 12 years and over and she is 9 and very petite. She came 7 out of 18 with a clear round and won the most stylish rider. Lots of the children have pony's that they rag round without style or feelings for the pony. This Grandma was so delighted that she cheered, no one else did for their children - well always one to lower the tone but she was so young to compete in that round that had to.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 7:44 pm

Fleur rose. Well done to your granddaughter.
Back to top Go down
Idanyelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 10 Nov 2018, 10:35 pm

You should be proud Fleur Rose.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 11 Nov 2018, 2:46 pm

Good afternoon all.

Years ago I used to attend church in the village on a regular basis, well family service and communion. Due to the other three villages in the area only used to be a couple of times a month I went. I read in the C of E Church and enjoyed it although not many people came. In March 2011 my husband died suddenly and instantly I blamed the church and didn't want anything to do with it. Yes I was asked to read a few times before moving away. Well I have been back in the village now for nearly three weeks, the first Sunday my daughter said the local Methodist Church were going to have a service at the C of E church and as her children went to the Methodist Sunday School (C of E don't have one here) would I go along and support them. This I did and was very enjoyable. The following week I helped at the Sunday School and was asked if I would attend the service in the evening. So all the family went and was very informal and pleasant. Today I took grandchildren up to C of E for Remembrance Service, although long church for once packed out and again another enjoyable time.

After service Daughter, SIL, three Grandchildren and I went swimming at the family time, again what a great day. Think I should be slowing down but in fact speeding up.

I am now going to open my bag on sweets in here and hope I get joined soon - I will share.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 11 Nov 2018, 2:51 pm

Fleur. Sounds a perfect day. Glad you enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 12 Nov 2018, 8:48 pm

Evening all, just sitting here in the snug with an iced espresso and packet of white chocolate jaffa cakes. Well what a day. Son rang me this morning to wish me happy birthday at 5.00 am. Had breakfast with daughter and family smoked salmon scrambled eggs and the works. Then off to Milton Keynes as I needed a purse, back again and put my new Christmas Tree up, usually have up on 1 November but due to move and size of space needed another. Then after lunch went for a horse ride on daughters horse. Couple of farmers came out to see me get on as haven't ridden for years, then beautiful ride out in fields. Daughter was worried about my toe, broke it just of a couple of weeks ago and bad knee that had swollen up after fall, but I kept assuring her I was ok. Dismounted ungraciously in private and hobbled home due to aching. Tonight had wonder dinner of mussels and fries, living in France for so long one of my favourite meals. French friends skyped me. Had birthday cake made from scratch from my 8 year old grandson, lemon cake and wonderful. So now putting my aching bones on a comfy chair and watching the world go by. Tomorrow is my Granddaughters birthday, she will be 10 so going to celebrate her big birthday. No rest for the wicked. Happy evening all
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 13 Nov 2018, 8:27 pm

Fleur rose. Glad you had a good birthday. I have never had white chocolate Jeff cakes I must say never had mussels either. hope your toe and knee are ok
Back to top Go down
Janet48

Location : Preston, Lancashire in the glorious North West of England

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:50 am

What an exciting time you’re having Fleur-Rose - don’t think I could even mount a horse these days so ‘good for you’ happy0065. I’ve never heard of white chocolate Jaffa cakes either Lillian but there again don’t really buy any sort of choccy biccies but have to say scrambled eggs and smoked salmon is my kind of breakfast (and it’s SW friendly bounce ).

Hope your GD had a splendid birthday and that your knee and toe (reminds of a song Very Happy ) are on the mend.

Off for a shower and then work - toodlepip and keep snug.

Janet
:CoffeePC:
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 6:53 am

Morning all, just popped in to quietly have my croissant and espresso, I shall try not to leave too many crumbs!

Boy did I suffer with my aching hips yesterday, found when I sat for long couldn't get up - self inflicted so not sympathy please. Just waiting to be asked to go riding again. The feeling of freedom on horse back through the fields is beyond words. Saw deer, rabbits and huge bird soaring through the sky. Wonderful.

After a lot of thought my daughter brought my granddaughter an apple iphone. Yes she was only 10 yesterday but as she rides out with friends through fields it was felt that she should be able to stay in touch with mum and dad. There are so many dangers out there, eg someone falling off horse (has happened to me in past and had to be airlifted to hospital) strange people, someone went past them in a van a month ago, wound down their window and tried to speak to the girls then took photos of them and that was in the village. So felt having a phone would be an idea as she could even take photos. She is not going to be allowed to take it to school but notice she has got it this morning as I am now in her "Girly Girl" group haha.

Went to McD's last night as that is where she wanted to eat. Then my daughter had downloaded Mamma Mia, here we go again, was supposed to be for my birthday but didn't download in time, so went to watch it last night but SIL kept taking mickey out of it and along with first version this has lots of memories for me and two of my favourite films so had to come to my room as don't want it being spoilt, will watch another day when on own and have a good cry.

Well that is my brekkie finished, hmmm might just vacuum up bit crummy where I have sat and as no one else here won't disturb them.

Will pop back later to see if anyone else been in, hope clean enough for you Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Idanyelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 9:54 am

Morning Fleur rose, what an early riser you are. I am a Margaret Rose, after royalty, you know Laughing
I,m in MK as you can see, not often anyone from around here pops up.
Have never been on a horse, a bike is as far as I would venture. Though loved going to see the horses in fields round here was one of my favourite past times in the past, with my dear old Labrador, who often would kiss one.
Unfortunately the stables closed down so few horses to be seen now.
Hope your hips are better soon.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 7:08 pm

Hello Margaret Rose, beautiful name. When I was born my parents couldn't decide on a name for me, well they argued about first and middle name so the nurses for the time called me Margaret. I was born at the Barrett, Northampton and am a Bletchley girl at heart. I now live in a small village near Winslow and Stewkley. I used to work in Milton Keynes Centre.

Well today I saw that Iceland were doing Brussel Sprouts with Marmite, my favourite veggie and spread, so off I went to Bletchley to get bag loads of them, only to be told they are not available until 19 so came back disappointed. Guess for you all a good job as I would have brought a bowl in here tonight for a snack whilst chatting lol. Did a trip round Tesco then and came back to babysitting this afternoon, and then later this evening. Just escaped - can't lie I love it so much.

Hoping to nail my daughter and granddaughter to an evening at Milton Keynes late night shopping for some retail therapy. Well was Granddaughters birthday yesterday and she has money to spend. Not that my daughter or I have but plastic is a god send!

I am going to stop chatting now and let someone else chat. Going to pull up a pouf (remember them) rest my weary legs and settle back with a cup of coffee. Door unlocked so come on in.
Back to top Go down
Idanyelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 7:19 pm

I. M relaxing watching the Soaps, don't know why they are rediculous. Feeling so laid back now that I have paid my visit to the dentist
Not keen on sprouts, my son won't touch them so I buy about four eech Xmas.
G going to my daughters in Norfolk this year though, just for the day as I have a cat at home.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 7:25 pm

Hi ....i quite like sprouts. Had a lovely walk with my friend this afternoon.
One of my granddaughters is Connie Rose
Fleur rose. I have never had my h to do with horses, never had a ride on one. Another granddaughter did gave some riding lessons when she was younger.
Just say I prefer chocolate as a snack
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 9:30 pm

Margaret Rose, hope all went well at the dentist, I went a couple of weeks ago to a new one and was pleased nothing needed doing, so another 6 months of saving for next visit lol.

Lilypetal, I also have a granddaughter named Connie Rose. I have ridden since I was four and my daughter since she was 3, my son is not keen on horses although able to ride.

I have been trying to buy some thermal tops on ebay tonight and blow me if I can't remember my password. Wanted some thin thermals as find that after showering in the mornings putting on a jumper makes my skin crawl, new thing with me so off again to see if I can remember it.

Sorry about leaving my coffee cup in here before.
Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 10:04 pm

Hello to all in here.

I used to ride a lot years ago, my best friend had a horse and I used to go to a riding school every week for many years. One year I went on a horse riding holiday, at a polo stables, we groomed and looked after the ponies and exercised them and rode them to polo matches, the last time I rode was about 30 yeas ago, I had not forgotten how....

I like sprouts but hate Marmite....

I wear Tshirts under jumpers till I need thermals. Still mild here so no heating on yet.

Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 14 Nov 2018, 10:42 pm

Evening PA, horses have been, well what shall I say both a pain and a blessing in my life. If it wasn't for them I would be rich haha. Have owned a few ponies for my daughter myself but never a horse. Well that thought is now over as far too old and unfit so found out. Lovely to be able to ride daughters when I want though.

Have just learnt that Tim Stockdale, GB show-jumper has died aged 54 years, awful as I have seen him in action a few times.

My Christmas Tree is up and lighting my room lovely, will have to think of putting one up in the snug. If I knew how to put photo's up on here would do it. Phew I can hear.

Still haven't found my tv control after 3 weeks, so not watched anything on the box and really not missed it amazing as used to put on all day and night just for comfort I am sure of now.

This is my first whole day of being homeless as the house I am going to live in won't be available until January. Talking of homeless - well I am, start volunteering on Tuesday at a Church in Bletchley for the breakfasts have to be there at 6.30 am. Really looking forwards to it as have wanted to help since beginning of the year when I went to Milton Keynes and saw so many people living in tents in the underpasses. Really did distress me. Took a drive into Bletchley today to make sure the church was where I thought it would be and it was, funny old world really as it is on the estate where I lived for the first 10 years of my life. Think I live in a circle as the first full time job I have was with the council and last was after several changes. Well there you go.

Off to see what mischief I can make else where. Taking best coffee cup with me now. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:45 am

Good Morning all

Sitting in here with my bottle of sparkling water waiting for brekkie. Today is the first day of yet another diet so hope not to be too grumpy over next few days. Since moving house have been eating so well, frightened that Christmas season is about to approach. So today will be starting off with Tomato Juice, whole carton and of course Worcestershire sauce. This and coffee will last through to lunch time. What delicious delight will I have for lunch, home made veggie soup, tonight probably chicken salad. Bleak days ahead for me I see, still will be worth it I hope as want to look passable again.

Might be dropping in a quite a bit today as nothing planned apart from doing some comprehension with Grandson - he is having home schooling until a place comes up at the local village school where his sister is. I cannot believe how improved his education has come on since this started week ago. I am enjoying the task as well.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 15 Nov 2018, 8:38 pm

Fleur rose. I should be on a diet really but like chocolate too my h I'm afraid.
Hope you find the tv remote. Don't really like tomato juice to be honest
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Yesterday at 3:18 am

Well as you can see I am up at an unearthly hour. Always happens when start a diet.

Lilypetal I now have a craving for chocolate! How are you? I am sure you don't need to diet and wouldn't at the moment if I were you. Take each day as it comes and don't set yourself too higher goals. Baby steps.

Pink Angel My daughter is now trying to get me to have a horse on loan so we can ride out together more often. She rode her husbands horse when we went out and I rode hers, she doesn't really like his horse of saddle. That is why I am hiding in the snug, she doesn't know this place exists.

Margaret Rose If you ever need help or anything I cannot be that far away and will always come to you, honest not a problem. In fact my Daughter, maybe my Granddaughter, and I are hoping to go late night shopping at MK on Monday, girlie evening to look around and get some ideas for Christmas.

I have just been on Amazon as in my basket I have a couple of things ready to get for Christmas, one of the items my daughter also has in her basket and her's went down in price last night (Black Friday), just looked at mine and it hasn't so will give her the money and let her get it for me. Cheek!

Oh yes tried the marmite rice cakes yesterday they are lovely, roll on Monday for my trip into Iceland.

Bye for now as going to see if I can get a couple more hours sleep.

Sleep

Back to top Go down
Idanyelle

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Yesterday at 10:21 am

Thanks for the offer Fleur Rose, I will remember that.
Up late this morning, the cat was lying on my chest, well thats my excuse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Yesterday at 12:57 pm

Quite proud of myself, just changed my location, not managed to put an avatar up yet, give me a year to work that out.

I have been sitting here waiting for the GP to ring, apparently before they will see you now they have to triage you - feels like hospital. I only want a repeat prescription. Gone are those wonderful days of turning up and waiting. I cannot see how it is cost effective, you call surgery, GP is informed and has to read what you have said, then GP rings you back offering an appointment. Only advantage I can see is that if the GP is doing triage plus an appointment, at their digression, then they get paid for two appointments. Oh well if that is so then it is so.

Will go and look at Amazon, oh yes the cost of the toy I wanted went down yesterday and now back up to original price, not sure how this Black Friday works.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New Snug
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Welcome to the New Snug-
Jump to: