This is a friendship group for more senior people and was originally formed for refugees from Saga Zone but All more Mature People are most Welcome to Join Us

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to the New Snug

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 18 Nov 2018, 9:22 am

Have a lovely day fleur rose. Not up yet but it feels cold
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 19 Nov 2018, 10:01 am

Late this morning been on babysitting duties, SIL off hunting so been a mad house with getting everything ready.

Yesterday was wonderful, left house at 7.15 am, children and ponies all sparkling. My Grandson was competing in first jumping competition, was supposed to be first riders only, but people wanted to get placed so put children in that had competed before and jumped higher than 40 cms. Up to them if that is how the chose to enter. Well my Grandson was keen to go, although not on a good jumping pony but safe little mare. So delighted as he got a clear round and actually came 6th out of 18, bless him he was the only real novice as well. Granddaughter also came 6th out of 34 and was the youngest in the 75 cms.

Got back and was on babysitting duties whilst daughter and SIL sorted horses out. SIL arrived back at 4.50 pm so was a rush for me to get to church for 5.00 pm as Granddaughter wanted to come and needed to get changed, good job only about 60 yards up road. She ran ahead and told them to wait for Grandma, felt embarrassed when last to walk in tiny church, then at one minute to 5 alarm on phone rang to remind me so they all new service could start haha. Could only happen to me.

This morning going to rest up here with coffee and bickies as having to go to a meeting for the village this afternoon, goodness knows how I am getting roped into all these things. Tomorrow first shift for the homeless breakfasts. No idea what to expect.

Wishing all a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 20 Nov 2018, 10:50 am

Oh dear just wrote a post and puff, gone. So here goes again, might just copy this time.

Well I was up with the crack of sparrows, had bought a new phone on Saturday and wasn't 100@% on alarm, however, it did go off. So 4.00 am saw me up and getting ready for my first shift with the homeless in Milton Keynes for the breakfasts. I left at 6.15 am. Was amazed that only 17 at the church 15 men and 2 women. Apparently they have to be clean of drugs and alcohol before being allowed on the mini bus to take them to the various Baptist Church's. Also their "friends" will hide the substances round the venues for them so they are not allowed out of the Church without supervision and this puts a lots off.

Lights are turned on at 7 am, mattresses put away and bedding off for washing. Breakfast consists of tea, coffee, juice, toast, egg, bacon, sausage, beans and cakes. Not many ate cakes, so I packed them up and slipped them to all for later today. Tonight they go in another venue around Milton Keynes. All in all I shall go back, only draw back is that although I will sit and chat I really don't want to eat at that time in the morning so just had coffee.

Now back, showered, oh yes stopped off at Iceland on way home and got brussels with marmite shall be having today. So now sitting with a coffee and watching the world go by for a while.

Happy day to all:tambanana:
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 20 Nov 2018, 10:53 pm

Fleur rose. I couldn't volunteer anywhere that meant getting up at some ungodly hour
Before Bernard became ill I volunteered at a day care centre nearby where my dad used to Go,
I popped in this afternoon for a chat. Helped a lady with her bingo card and had tea and crackers and cheese with them. I got a warm welcome. I will most likely go back in the new year to help out.
I used to go at dinner time and stay till 4pm. Just enough.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 6:26 am

Lilypetal, I so love early mornings. I am at my best then. Love to be first out making footprints in the snow, jumping in the frozen puddles, hearing the birds start to sing in the mornings and the smell of a fresh new day ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Have to laugh though as alarm went off early this morning, so I know I set it just forgot to unset it.

Well daughter and sil went out on a date night last night to the cinema, first time in six years, so was on babysitting duties, loved it. Had trouble keeping the away from walls in lounge as we are painting them. My daughter does it every year to contrast with Christmas decorations lol.

Didn't go to MK shopping on Monday evening hoping to go on Thursday went decorating finished. Well daughter is going out with family for meal with MIL and all family on Sunday lunch time, not sure if she is going to take youngest as he can be a handful round table. Was hoping to do a catch up with an Aunt but looks like I might be having the rascal, so might need some time in here before and after.

Have a wonderful day all. x
Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 7:57 am

Well done looking after the homeless.

I am an early morning person, once I wake up I am itching to get up, I can't lie in bed....such a waste of time when lots to do before I go out.

Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 8:02 am

PA, so nice to hear that someone else has the same feeling as me, usually I feel alone. As children we were never allowed to stay in bed and my husband wouldn't let our children either, I feel this has done them good. My mum used to say, get up more people die in bed than anywhere else! What my mum said was what we did lol xx
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 9:49 am

Hi.    I have never been a morning person.   At the moment mornings are my worst time and have to force myself to get up.  Never before 9 am

Last edited by lilypetal on Wed 21 Nov 2018, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 10:16 am

Lilypetal, get up when you like, if you find bed comfy stay for a while longer. No rush, I probably am in the land of nod well before you at night. Take care. xx
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 12:19 pm

Fleur rose. At the moment i feel i have nothing to get up for. Hope that will pass at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Wed 21 Nov 2018, 8:59 pm

Ever had one of those days where you bounce out of bed strip it and get on with rest of day only when exhausted want to go back to bed and remember you haven't put new bedding on ohhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 22 Nov 2018, 6:12 am

Lilypetal, lots of people find comfort in bed, warm and snuggly. If that is the place you feel safe at the moment then stay a while longer. I am pleased you went out with a friend, I think garden centres are wonderful places, calm and to see the plants growing amazing. Now back in North Bucks I have two I visit, I am looking forwards to getting a house, hopefully in a couple of months and start planning the garden.

Do you have any pets? I found mine were a great company to me and gave me a reason to carry on, before I returned to UK when my husband died. I am now going to get a puppy, will have to be after May as going on holiday then and refuse to leave one so will be a spring puppy, will give my new home a heartbeat which I always like.

Yesterday I got in the post two thermal tops I had ordered, wow they have come a long way since the vests. One is black with sparkles on, just looks like a long sleeved t-shirt and the other is an evening top with lace, both M and S but not from there so were cheaper and beautiful. Off to MK with daughter tonight to look at well girly things.

xx
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 22 Nov 2018, 9:34 pm

Hi fleur rose. No I have no pets. Don't want one at the moment. Not really a doggy person, rather gave a cat if I did get one some time. Thermal tops sound nice.
Didn't go far today. Jyst the tip, Tesco and to my DIL's as I knew was wasn't working today. I have three daughters in law.
I think my youngest son and DIL will call tomorrow. My eldest grandson is coming for tea tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Fri 23 Nov 2018, 7:35 am

Morning all, went to MK yesterday evening with my daughter, only managed to go to Debenhams, spent so long in there. Both spent out. It wasn't too busy either. Today going to chill out and write some Christmas cards in here where it is cozy and quiet.

Lilypetal, have a wonderful time with your Grandson tonight, how lovely that he comes to visit especially on a Friday evening. Shows how much you are thought of.

My Granddaughter is having a friend over tomorrow for cinema and sleepover, late birthday celebration, my duty tomorrow will be to drop the two girls off at the cinema and wait in the foyer for them to come out. Will make them feel like big girls going in alone, but I will be there all the time outside doors so they can't escape lol, So book in hand and a can of coke in other, then taking them to McD's. I know how to spend a Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
Janet48

Location : Preston, Lancashire in the glorious North West of England

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 24 Nov 2018, 6:34 am

Daughter’s hi-viz work ensemble in washing machine and it seems to be taking an age so sat here waiting to put towels in a hot wash then back to bed for an hour. Leg wax and pedicure at 1130.

Good Morning one and all

Janet
:CoffeePC:
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 24 Nov 2018, 10:54 am

Hi.    Janet.    Enjoy leg wax sounds painful.
Going out with my daughter today

Last edited by lilypetal on Sat 24 Nov 2018, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sat 24 Nov 2018, 1:02 pm

Been to Tesco this morning to get the children loads of sweets to take into cinema later, prices there are so steep, daughter and sil went last week and bucket of popcorn two drinks and some chocolate £22!

Arrived back to find my new Christmas dress has arrived, going to have to go back and buy all sunglasses, very blingy, haven't tried in on yet but looks the bees knees. Not sure if I have mentioned going to SIL's mothers for Christmas so going to be a fancy do. Also love bling, in fact all my grandchildren will tell you that it is my favourite colour - Silver Bling that is.

Off on Tuesday to Red Hatters meal, not sure if have to wear colours, have decided to wear red dress, well will still be my birthday month and haven't really got anything suitable in purple.

Lilypetal, have a wonderful day today, no one in our lives like daughters is there.

Janet don't envy you waxing, had to go into college when my daughter was doing a course in beauty and think I was waxed from head to toe, armpits were the worst. Good old razor for me these days, no one to empress so not worried.

Have a lovely Saturday all. Speak soon as off to wait in foyer of cinema, hope don't get done for loitering!

Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 25 Nov 2018, 10:23 am

Took children to cinema in Milton Keynes, let them go in on their own wow what smiles when they came out they thought they were so grown up going in without an adult. Little did they know I stood for two hours outside inner door waiting for them to come out. Think staff felt sorry for me and brought me a chair. Goodness that two hours felt like a life time. Then was off to McD, asked if they WOULD like to go to one outside the Snowzone in MK but alas no wanted to go there so had to once again be on my guard as they are all country bumpkins, like myself and not used to crowds. However, good time was had by them. Was glad to get back a was presented with a glass of sparkling wine from SIL for doing it all.

Today they are all out horse riding at the moment, then daughter, SIL and two eldest children off out for meal so just resting before having youngest. If they are not back in time havoc will be caused in Church this evening when I take him. Good job they are good about children there.

Oh tried on sparkly dress and perfect, going to outdo Christmas tree haha. Was a gamble ordering off internet, never had luck before but knew the design that best for me and wow swinging off lampshade in here with excitement.

Speak later when no doubt will be frazzled. bounce
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 5:32 am

Good Morning World

Sleep has given up on me this morning, been a long time since had a restless night. Must have been all the excitement of the weekend.

Yesterday daughter went out for meal with all but youngest, promising to be back before 5 due to me going to church. Told them to discreetly go out the door so youngest wouldn't notice, when they were ready Rupert was watching Paw Patrol on tv quite settled when SIL said ok kids in the car Mad could have murdered him as Ru got up ready to go with them when I picked him up he cried, which upset daughter Crying or Very sad I told them just to go and took Ru to the fridge to chose what he wanted for lunch, he chose pizza and trying to get out of fridge knocked over some leftovers from night before that were in glass dish. This smashed on floor so I quickly picked him up boxed pizza and all and with that started laughing as I had to clean and vacuum all up! We had a great time and at 4 o'clock SIL rang (think daughter was worried) to say they had just got main course I told them no problems and that I would take Ru to church. Hand in had and with a touch we walked to church, Ru was very shy although a lot of toys were brought out for him he didn't want to play with them until three quarters of the way through the service. At the end the minister exclaimed that Rupert and I were very well behaved, love going to that church.

When they finally got back we watched (unusual for me) tv and they put on Shallow Hal film, think that is why I couldn't sleep played in my mind.

Today going to Prime Stock Show in Winslow, a village near where I live, will be like the old cattle markets I used to go to as a child.

Also heard from Son that lives in Plymouth and going to visit them on 10 December santa for a couple of days.

All good in the household, going to finish painting lounge with daughter this morning.
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 1:24 pm

Well that was an informative morning, thoroughly enjoyed it. Now just having coffee and resting in here, anyone else about?

Ps: at last managed an avatar, will have to try putting photo's on when understand how to. happy0065
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 27 Nov 2018, 10:29 am

Today is the first of the Christmas meals I am going to. It is with the Red Hatters. Looking forwards to it. Not sure what dress code is though, forgot to ask. I am going to wear a red dress, well still birthday month and on last meet (was first) didn't want them to know or stand out. Have purple orchid for hair, just in case is traditional wear. Went to ask daughters advice on shoes just now, have dress on hair scrunched back in ponytail, no make up on or tights and shoes in hand, grandson said Grandma have you just got back - wow I thought that was one good party!!!!! Bless him.

Hope all having a good day. Getting lonely sitting in here on own. Sad
Back to top Go down
sunflower53

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:55 am

Hi flying through to say hi

I dont post on any other thread....just on Chill

Enjoy your lunch out

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 27 Nov 2018, 8:19 pm

Fleur rose. Hope you enjoy the Christmas meal.
Really nobody posts on here these days.
Pink Angel belongs to red hatters
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 27 Nov 2018, 10:00 pm

Hello all

Had a wonderful time today boy what a meal as well, company and venue were lovely, was at Dobbies Garden Centre in Bletchley. So had a browse round centre trying to get some bulbs, but none there really. Shame as wanted some for Christmas presents, making up a gardening box for someone that loves their garden but has everything. Got my official badge as well today. Was lovely to dress up.

Well have to start jogging before next one next week. Wishing all a lovely evening.

Lilypetal, just nice and slow and peaceful in this room. Wishing you a good nights sleep x
Back to top Go down
Fleur-rose

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Thu 29 Nov 2018, 3:30 am

Not really sure what I am doing up at this unearthly hour today. This evening is Winslow lights and Fayre so SIL and I are doing Pig Roast to serve, going to be fun but cold, good job I have a lot of thermals to wear. Nice a quiet at this time so hopefully can get on with rest of Christmas pressies. Just ordered a night away with afternoon tea and dinner for my daughter and sil to be had over their wedding anniversary at the country manor where they had their wedding breakfast. It is only one night as I know she wouldn't want to be away from the children for too long and it is only up the road, they have a gym and pool there as well so fingers crossed they will like it. I will look after children, dogs, cat and horses for that night. Will give them the well deserved break. Well back on to Amazon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New Snug
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Welcome to the New Snug-
Jump to: