This is a friendship group for more senior people and was originally formed for refugees from Saga Zone but All more Mature People are most Welcome to Join Us

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Welcome to the New Snug

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

Hello, well done June and good to see you Joan.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:13 pm

Joan, lovely to see you in here, but please take care not to put yourself under more strain. I do hope you are feeling a little more comfortable. (((hug))) I will pop into the garden to join you for afternoon tea soon.Smile 

Misty, Tasha, I have also heard that Windows 8 is difficult, and that updates are expected soon. I will try to purchase the 7 version.

Hi Lillian, how is your dear father and I hope you are well.

Nothing on the box for me tonight....sigh.
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Sun 21 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

Hi June, dad is not too bad, settling in better than expected but there are a few niggles at the home need sorting out...
Back to top Go down
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:48 am

Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:04 am

Good morning all! sunny 

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:06 am

Good morning. Koko, love your pics.....
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:31 am

Good morning Joan, Lillian and Koko,
Koko, what a lovely picture, makes me feel cool just looking at it. Joan, lovely to see you, and a good morning to you.

Hi to Lillian, hope all is well and try not to worry too much about your father...difficult I know.

I am off to the office, that should be fun as forecast is over 90F today. Thought I would leave a message whilst modem is cool and I can log in.

Have a nice cool day all.
Back to top Go down
Misty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

Good Morning a nice cool but cloudy morning think the heatwave has gone from my part of Scotland, managed a nine hour solid sleep absolute bliss Smile 

Hope you all manage to keep cool in the heat today....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

Good morning all,yes its hot here again.

June windows 8 was designed for mainly touch screen.

I didn't do much yesterday as I was distracted by the golf and cricket,trying to watch both at once wasn't easy lol.

Back to my packing this week Sad 
Back to top Go down
keeper of dreams

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

Evening girls, another boiling hot day and I almost melted in the office. Dashed to library, then shop, but felt quite weak. Presume the effect of heat and no food. Came home and started on giving garden a drink....and still at it.

Gosh Misty, I am lucky if I get 2 hours sleep before waking up, and then every 2 hours if I managed to get back to sleep.

Oh poor you Helen, trying to pack in this heat wave. Have you any idea where you are going yet? Such an upheaval for you.

Night Joan, sorry I haven't been able to visit the cyber garden yet...only just managed to persuade modem to work.....almost melted in heat.

Lillian, did you managed to sort out the niggles at the care home?

Oh dear, is that the time, really must find some food....not that I feel like eating.

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm

Hello all, another sticky muggy day here, don't like the humidity.
June.....niggles not really sorted, not all their fault as dad has strange sleeping habits with not knowing day from night etc.
He is going to a day care centre tomorrow for a trial day, the people on the floor he is on are worse than him and don't talk much so he is getting no stimulation like he did at day care before, he will have to pay for it himself, £60 pounds a day, so will prob. go for two days at least, will talk it over with family about how many days. There is a really good one just round the corner from me and I have been today and looked round.
Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

My goodness Lillian £60 a day for a centre when you are already paying for your dad to be in a home........Surely there are social things happening in the home for him to join in??? There was something every day where my mum was. Check it out.

Temperature reached 35.5 this afternoon......

Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:22 pm

Angel. On the dementia floor there is not much going on at all, dad needs stimulation and he's not getting it there. On the residential floor there is more going on. It's hard to explain, they are not sociable and just wander around or sit around, not lively. The care manager recommended we let him go to day care. At day care all they do is activities whereas in a dmentia care home they only do things in between times, now and again, not good enough for dad. He could sit around doing nothing at home and loved his day care centre when at home, really perked him up.....
Back to top Go down
Pink Angel

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm

My mum had dementia too. She did not chat and no one else did. The staff were excellent and they had a good entertainments office which set up things to stimulate them. Sing songs and bingo, staff join in and help of course. Once a week they had a singer or pianist in the afternoon, helped with visiting I can tell you.....they were always dreaming up things to entertain them.

There was no way that she would go to a day centre when she was with us, we tried to no avail....if your dad likes it it is a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Koko

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 7:06 am

Good morning all! sunny 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 2:52 pm

Good afternoon all.
Back to top Go down
Boots99

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

June your sleep pattern of 2 hours sleep and then wake and then 2 hours sleep is how I am sometimes. I always wake at least once and have to go to the loo. More often than not I wake at least twice. I have slept quite well recently even though the weather has been hot at night.

Lillian £60 a day to go to the day centre seems an awful lot but then I know nothing about these sort of costs.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 6:27 pm

Evening girls, another humid day here in Berkshire....and no rain.Crying or Very sad  I hoped we would have some rain, so I wouldn't have to spend the whole evening watering garden.

Hi Boots, we do meet in the most unexpected places, what fun we have. Wink  I am sorry to say I had virtually no sleep last night, and had to drag myself to work today.  Poor brain is on its last legs,  and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I also need to visit loo during night, and that is without any liquid throughout the evening....drives me mad.

Koko, love the beach/sea pictures...so soothing. Hi Helen, hope you are finding a cool place in the house.

Lillian, the day care centre does sound expensive, but if your father enjoys it, that is all that matters.

Off again, to give plants a drink....could do with one myself.

Hope Jeff is better....has anyone heard?
Back to top Go down
lilypetal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

hello there, dad enjoyed his day at day care and then as it's only round the corner from us I brought him home for tea. Day care didn't used to be so expensive but with all the cuts etc. they put prices up, quite a few people who fund theirselves stopped going. It's been decided that he'll go 2 days as three might be too much for him as it is a full day. Cost includes transport and dinner and snacks through the day. They played domino's and he won, had a sing song and fish and chips and mushy peas for dinner.
Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:55 pm

Evening Lillian, very pleased your father enjoyed his day...that's really good news.

I am having the same trouble with modem, and only just managed to cool it down again after being off line for ages.

Have a nice evening, can't find a thing to watch on the box.
Back to top Go down
Misty

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:06 pm

Lillian so glad your Dad had a good day at the day centre and he enjoyed his fish n chips at lunchtime, nice that you can have him for a meal at your home too. Things seem to be settling now and you must feel relieved.

Thunderstorm this morning followed by sun then more rain and very dark but at least it is much fresher....

I very seldom watch any television except the news and documentaries preferring Classic FM....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:20 pm

Evening all,glad that your dad had a good day Lillian.

Don't know if I should water the garden now or much later on.

A drink would be nice June,cant remember the last time I had a drink.

Back to top Go down
June
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

Neither can I Helen......meaning a drink of the alcoholic type. All I ever drink is water and tea......will be drowning in it soon.Rolling Eyes

Oh meant to say...pretty dress Helen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:35 pm

Thanks June.

I only drink tea and the very occasional coffee,I don't even like soft cold drinks.

Its very quiet here tonight,such a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the New Snug   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New Snug
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: Welcome to the New Snug-
Jump to: